Pizza and Beer

The Misplaced Planet DVD has gone off to be professionally duplicated. It has six of our short-films on it, along with behind-the-scenes documentaries and commentaries. This fist disc will represent the best of the stuff we've done in the last two years, and I really can't wait to see it. You can check out some samples at the forum.


If you haven't already, you should be Misplaced Planet's friend on Myspace. Because that's me.

Now, we need to polish off Disc 2 of the set, which will be a bonus for the real fans, and for ourselves. Hopefully, we'll be able to sell enough of these to partially fund the filming of Zaniness Ensues. Anything that reduces the amount of credit-spending is good.

As for me, I haven't been getting a lot of writing done, since the design work for the DVD has consumed my time.

But I have made a lot of progress on the Zaniness Ensues production. We have Jess Temple ready to play the lead female role of Meredith, and Matt McNutt ready to play the lead male role of Elliot. There will be a read-through this Sunday, 10:30 to 1:30, and I am really nervous and pumped. I can't wait to watch this thing become reality. I can't wait to talk about it and really dig-in. Make plans. This is the part I love: when it gets in the hands of more and more people, and they get engaged and excited.

I'm hoping that I can get Barb to play one of the smaller roles, since they'll be difficult to cast, and it'd be a lot of fun. She invited me to Thanksgiving at her place, which is radical. Wish it were Christmas, but I suspect she'll be back on the East Coast for that. I won't be.  I'd also like to get Tai to help out in anyway she can. Production, finding actresses, conning people out of money.  After all, I still have two small female roles to cast, and I want to avoid cattle-calls.

Lastly, I've been talking with a nice woman online, and I'm trying to maintain cool indifference while avoiding cynical retreat. You have to get excited enough to enjoy it, to push it forward, but you want to protect yourself from looking like a fool. But, as they say, everybody plays the fool sometimes. It might be my turn again. Ah well. She seems wonderful so far. Begin countdown to me blowing it.

Comments

  1. email me the script! massmediakid31@mac.com
    i love conning people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say you probably won't be on the east coast for christmas. Is this because you can't afford the airfare or because you can't get the time off from work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'll be taking a week off in January to film this short film, I won't be able to get any extra time off for Christmas. Sucks, but them's the breaks. Once I'm rich and famous this won't be a concern, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, cause then you could just fly us ALL out to Cali for the holiday, or Maui or where ever it is that rich and famous people spend their Christmas's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where will you be filming in January?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around Los Angeles. Probably Burbank, Van Nuys, and Venice Beach / Santa Monica. Depends on what my location scouts come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on...that sounds like a great place to be in January!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Let Me Put This to You Simple...