Deleted Scene [Sick Day] : Horror Movie Viewing

Horror Movie Viewing
I'm thinking of changing the doctor's name again. In honor of The Abbott & Costello Show, I may name him Dr. Bacciagalupe. Or maybe just Dr. Galoup.

INT. LIVING ROOM - SHORTLY LATER
The four sit together in the dark, sipping drinks, watching a HORROR MOVIE on the big TV. DISSONANT MUSIC builds.
Jon, Ollie, and Finch are tense, attention rapt - but Maggie is a zombie, eyes glazed, body slouched, barely upright. She looks like she's about to drool, she's so pale and spacey.
LOUD MUSIC STING!
The others JUMP. Finch lets loose a little shout. Ollie and Jon LAUGH at the great scare.
But Maggie still glares glassy-eyed. She doesn't move at all.
MAGGIE
Why did he do that? I thought he was in love with her.
Everyone freezes. The air is gone from the room.
JON
Honey, that wasn't her boyfriend.
Maggie scowls at the screen, befuddled.
MAGGIE
But... Who was it?
JON
It was the Octopus Man.
MAGGIE
Ooooh. Right. The tentacles.
JON
Maggie...? Honey...?
MAGGIE
I'm not sick. I feel dope. I feel... dope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...