Always the Bridesmaid, Never the Groom

Gabe and Gwynne were wed yesterday. I caught the garter but had no date; my lesbian accompaniment stood me up. Both of the bridesmaids were spoken for.

Afterward, I went to see Shaun of the Dead with Shaun and Michelle. I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to keep making zombie movies after recognizing the existance of this excellent flick - but that seems to be Misplaced Planet's next indulgence, led by Benni's obsession and money.

As pointless as the exercise may be, particularly now, it would be more pointless to exclude myself. So, instead, I will attempt to wriggle my way into tackling the screenplay to Benni's story co-credit. I will try to face it as an amazing challenge (at this point, what the hell can be done to make a zombie movie unique, and in less than 15 minutes?). It will cost me only time, and, meanwhile, profit me experience, participation, and another ticket in the lottery of movie-making.

Besides, I can always use a pen-name.

I need a new one. Debrevis De La Fontes and Dmitri Deabler are getting old.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry, by "wed" did you mean married??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Gabe Mckee and his wife, Gwynne Watkins, are presently in Paris, on their honeymoon. I spent my weekend seeing them joined in the bonds of holy matrimony.
    It was troubling. And a dry wedding (that is, no blood of our savior at all). So I really have no excuse for screaming, "I'm never gonna get married!" as often as I did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but do you really wanna get married? I want a wedding, but I don't want to be married. Unless Billy Boyd or Eric Stoltz asks me. Or the living, breathing Remy LeBeau
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric Stoltz May Be Available ...
    I'd like to get married - if the match were as good as theirs seems to be. They're on a very short list of couples that I actually believe might be happy, (and not driving everyone around them bonkers). That list is two couples long.
    But, for me, you're correct - such a match would likely require the summoning of fictional characters into life. I can't really think of one right now, though ... I like Jennifer Aniston's character in Along Came Polly... Gambit's cooler though.
    I took the e-harmony personality quiz, and it said their system couldn't help me. I broke it. No lie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...