Lithium Bromide

I am feeling wretchedly untalented this evening. In response to a bunch of screenplay synopses that I sent to a producer, who requested said synopses, I received the following message:

"It's hard to tell, based on your synopses, whether I would like to read the scripts or not. They could all go either way, be fascinating and brilliant, or somewhat bromidic. That can be a good thing, you make me curious, but people with little time, might put you back on the stack."

For those who aren't certain, here's what I think that means:

bromidic adj 1: dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality; [syn: corny, platitudinal, platitudinous]

To make myself feel less like a complete jerk, I did what I often do: I made a list of things I have accomplished. My list looked like this:



This is a very pretentious and, ultimately, silly list. I decided I had better start anew. So I've been working on a new short script. This is what I have so far:



And this is a picture of some e-mail I got:



I thought it was appropriate. This entry proves that I'm a big dick in action.

And, just to finish off my photo fun (which prevents me from having to write), here's a picture from explodingdog.com called stupidwords.



I'm off to smoke and wonder what became of everyone.

Comments

  1. I often wonder what became of everyone... until I remembered that for the most part I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. For the most part, I suppose I don't care what's become of most of them either.
    However. If one or two hadn't become chronically elsewhere and unlikely to return calls, I might be a tad less bored. And I might smoke less.
    So, mostly, I wonder if that situation might be un-becomed, for one or two of the cute ones, females if possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...