Trying not to Feel Old at 25

I suppose the meeting went well.

Traveling 3000 miles - by plane, train, and automobile - builds an event up beyond what any could really acheive. We decided that a partnership will be formed, and Misplaced Planet will become a legal entity. And we decided that we will do something. Write the script in the next six months, begin filming in a year or so. I hoped that a decision would be made about what that something should be, but it's been officially left to Caroline and me to create something for everyone to rally around...

Cusp of Aquarius? Ladies & Gentlemen? The Jumpers? Storybook Park? Short films?

If it works out, writing with Caroline could be very positive.... I would no longer face this daunting task alone... The vague goal of writing something "that people will like" becomes more surmountable with a fresh perspective... with someone to like it or dislike it as passionately and personally as I might... It is the minimum amount of teamwork possible, but it may be more than enough.

Meanwhile, back in the practical world of LA, I have decided not to pursue the internship/job at York Entertainment. Alli is there. It is her world, her connections. I need to have my time. To sort things out. To seek my own path. To register my car. To transfer my license. To test the progress I've made and see where it takes me. I am following pure intuition.

This remains, as always, a time of transition - a time of vague, protracted beginnings... Working with Caroline may restore my ability to believe, by having my lot thrown in with another. Misplaced Planet may grow into something meaningful, given time.

Time. Time. Time. Given infinite world, and time. Everlasting.

Comments

  1. First- patchouli?? I think you need to stay away from these Hampshire influences. Of course, that could be my own obnoxious "I'm-superior-to-those-people-because-I-left" attitude speaking.
    Second- transferring your license to CA sucks. I recommend having some kind of sedative/ alcohol waiting for you should you get it done that same day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was my mother burning it. I'm sure she got it from Hot Topic. Probably when she went in to buy her new Nine Inch Nails tee-shirts.
    So. Hampshire's innoncent on that one.
    And. Trust me. I am dreading the car bullshit. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed the written test the first time- but it wasn't my fault. I can't remember why it wasn't my fault, but it wasn't.
    You should tell your mother that Trent Reznor is so out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except that the new album is #1 worldwide and rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was kidding. I know nothing about what's going on anywhere- except for my personalized CNN alerts. Those are kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...