Irritation Turntable [Sick Day]

Fake Real Problems
Easter weekend found me performing the role of Charlie Kaufman in a presentation of the voice-over monologues from Adaptation, brilliantly delivered, full of the self-loathing and crippling doubt that made it famous, three shows a day.

Click on those links up there.

I'm not sure I'll be posting what I wrote while in that role. Yes, I started this blog to record the process of screenwriting. And yes, those carefully constructed rants of despair are certainly an aspect of it - at least for me, and apparently for Charlie Kaufman, too. But no, I don't think I'll be sharing them just now. Not without some sort of framing device or additional perspective to add. They require something more to make them less... redundant.

One thing is for sure: I'm going to start keeping track of these profoundly angry times. I have two on record now. I'm curious whether they are periodic, and if so, whether I can predict them. I'd like to know when they're coming. And more importantly, when they're going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...