Perversity & Whine

Possibly the most ridiculous thing that Gordy said keeps rattling around in my brain. "You really could make it, but you know ... you really could not make it too." 

I don't know why it haunts me, depresses me, frustrates me. Perhaps because it frames it as a choice. I could keep writing these dark, risky things that come from my heart, and "be sitting here, in this office - well not this office, I'll have a better office - in that suit ten years from now," or I could fucking figure out some light and fluffy high-concept product to sell...

I really feel sick.

I finished the short script "The Dead Samaritan" today, and it doesn't work. Which proves a point. A month or more wasted. No one is into it. And for some reason, I'm not even getting e-mail that people are sending to be polite, say something pleasant, and pass on.

Comments

  1. I think sometimes you have to do what you don't want to be able to do what you do want. It's like starting in the mail room and making your way to CEO. sometimes you just have to do shit for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I knew which shit work to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...