Kick in the Pants

I met with Gordy Hoffman concerning Storybook Park. Despite his assertion that the present engine of the story (that is, Baron), needs to be fully excised with a thick rim of healthy skin, he didn't believe that should be my next move. Quite literally, he said I needed to drop all the bullshit, fuck all the short-films, ignore the people who want me to make sci-fi or thrillers, and write a high concept romantic comedy, and get it out there.

Which means, drop all the crap...

He wasn't overly excited by the Cusp of Aquarius pitch, though I don't believe I did a very good job of pitching it. Frankly, I did a terrible job, because, as always, I haven't yet figured out how to explain it, since I haven't yet figured out how to write it. I sent him an e-mail yesterday with a stripped down pitch for The Jumpers, and I've been allowing myself to think it's a brilliant idea, when boiled down to the core. I hope I'll hear back from him soon, so he can pop my bubble before I get too involved in the build up.

"You can do your friends a lot more good by getting a screenplay sold than by fucking around in these dumb little projects they want to do."

Meanwhile, I have terrible pimples and a canker sore unlike any I've had in years.

A kick in the pants can often be mistaken for a kick in the nuts.

Comments

  1. I really liked storybook park, but i'm all for you writing something that might have... broader appeal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could identify broader appeal, I'd be on easy street. What about the one I just posted?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi-Annual Exorcism

Pizza and Beer

Let Me Put This to You Simple...